We are the City: Optimizing communication between Citizens and Local Government
The joinsmart.city platform is a new and innovative approach to involve citizen in different city processes (e-participation, e-government, tourism, decision making, etc.). Moreover, it’s enhancing cooperation between corporates and cities
It has been designed as a result of requests from cities and governments, to better involve citizen in different decision-making processes and to give them a platform to interact and to use connected solutions on their needs and wants.
The following major cases were identified regarding engagement of citizen:
- Citizen are able to share their ideas for future development, they can contribute (and vote) with their ideas and this collective intelligence can be used by the city. How does this work in detail: Citizen register, contribute their idea with foto/video upload, the community votes & comments. In the voting process every citizen can vote once a day. This is an easy approach so that every average educated citizen can contribute. There is best experience with it, making it easy to be part of it.
- Citizen can be involved in vetted decision-making processes to get a real time feedback and to build smart solutions on their needs and wants.
- E-Government solutions can be offered to citizens to simplify and shorten official channels.
- Citizens as well as enterprises benefit from the new infrastructure. As an enterprise, you can do advertising within a minute in the city TV. It is possible to network with others or advertise with special offer coupons, vouchers or gift codes where citizens spare money.
- Local topics such as repair and optimization, sports and gossip are use cases as well which are connected to emotions of the citizen.
- Each city can develop their own use cases on behalf of their citizens.
All these cases contribute to one topic: The city is going to be a medium.