ViNotion is specialized in intelligent image interpretation in videos for the recognition of objects, with applications in:
- ViSense CrowdDynamics,
- ViSense TrafficDynamics,
- ViSense MobilityDynamics,
- ViSense MaritimeDynamics
These autonomous computersystems are based on video analysis technology by pattern recognition and machine- and Deep learning.
Next to standard products, ViNotion also develops custom-made solutions. These vary from software libraries, integratable in existing solutions, to complete systems including the hardware platform.
The ViNotion innovative systems for video image interpretation can be applied for various applications. ViNotion develops new technology and applies her Research & Development programme in close cooperation with the Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e).
Our solutions provide specific data/insights concerning:
- GPS location
- custom made filters
Our products offer benefiits to all kinds of stakeholders. To give you an impressio, a detailed summary is listed below for ViSense CrowdDynamics.
By deploying the smart surveillance software ViSense CrowdDynamics a great amount of citizens will experience a positive impact. The data on pedestrian and bicycle dynamics in the city can be exploited by the authorities for different types of applications.
- Hotspots can be localized and the infrastructure and these locations can be improved to for optimal traffic flow and safety.
- In general, the spatial design of bicycles lanes and pedestrian areas can be optimized to the needed capacity and traveling routes.
- Insights in the number of pedestrians and bicycles and their trajectories allows optimization of e.g. traffic lights and routing information.
- The number of pedestrians and bicycles is valuable business information for retailers by measuring the conversion factor between passing public and cash income.
- The information can be used for public transportation to derive the needed capacity, the routing and the planning
- The same information can be used to inform the travelers about the traffic situation so that they can use the information for their traveling plans.
- The information is valuable for tourism. Similar to short-time information for travelers, the information can be used for mid- to long-term planning by tourists.
- Event organizations and the city marketing can use the information as an important KPI to measure the impact of organized events to optimize the ratio between budget and impact.
- During these events, the real-time data can be used for crowd control.
- Real-estate owners can determine the best locations to build e.g. shops or urban areas.
- Public authorities can use the information for predictive maintenance of city infrastructure, garbage collection, etc.
- Police, security authorities, retailers, restaurants, etc can use the information for personnel planning.
- Abnormalities of people behavior that can be extracted from the data can trigger the police and reduce their response time or event prevent crime.
- The locations of advertisement, market stalls, and other temporally commercial activities can be fit to the hotspots of pedestrians and bicycles.
- Many more applications exist.
To summarize, the data can be used to improve safety, traffic efficiency, public transportation, tourism, commercial activities, spatial design and planning. As many of these use cases concern an improved efficiency, it also implies reduction of costs or increases turnover in all these different applications.